The Malta House of Care Clinic provides comprehensive, compassionate, and completely free primary health care to uninsured adults in Greater Hartford, always with dignity and respect. The big, white Malta van visits three different neighborhoods each week (two in Hartford, one in East Hartford). Click here for locations and hours. To become a patient at Malta House, you must meet three criteria:
- Age 18 or older
- No insurance
- Bring photo ID
New patients or those requiring same-day care are asked to first call the office at 860.725.0171. If you speak a language other than English, Spanish, or Portuguese, please bring an English-speaking friend or family member to act as an interpreter.
Our medical team is made up of a small paid staff plus a dedicated group of volunteer doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals. We provide the following services:
- Routine Physical Exams (including work and school physicals)
- Annual Gynecological Exams
- Vaccinations (pneumonia, Tdap)
- On-site Tests: Covid-19, rapid flu, Pap smears, EKGs, urinalysis, pregnancy, strep, A1C, FIT, blood sugar, hemoccult.
- Referrals to Other Tests: mammograms, PSA screening for prostate cancer, colposcopies, bone density, routine x-rays, blood work
- Medications for those who qualify
- Health Coaching and education
We do not provide:
- Payments for specialty clinics, ER visits, hospitalizations
- DOT and immigration physicals
- Payment for medications unless approved
- Payment for tests or surgery ordered by specialists or other doctors.